Djerf Avenue has always been something I’ve wanted to build. It’s been a dream since I was a little girl.
Djerf Avenue was created in 2019. The name came to us when we were having breakfast at All Time in Los Feliz, LA. We want you to feel like you’re walking down an avenue that breathes Djerf Avenue when you enter our world.
Djerf Avenue is a Swedish, non-seasonal, ready-to-wear brand. It’s created for you, by us. Born out of our love for vintage and the perfect basics Djerf Avenue is made to embody the confident, chic, and laid-back person on the go. Each piece is created with love, from design to production. We want to deliver pieces that feel timeless and that will last.
All of our pieces are ethically produced and manufactured in Portugal. We have designed each piece to feel timeless and to work together. We want you to wear Djerf Avenue often. We want to be the basics in your wardrobe that you can always go to. We believe in timeless designs that will work for years to come.
Portuguese factories follow European laws and policies regarding Labour relations practices.
All of our factories have been carefully chosen in order to guarantee high-quality standards. Portugal is known for quality workmanship, respecting working conditions, premium fabrics research, and to improve on knowledge and technology.
Producing in Portugal was an easy choice for us and one we are very happy we made.
For us, sustainability is the number one aspect to have in mind when working with fashion and garment production. We always want to do our best to make our products as sustainable as possible, all the way from design idea to sampling, production, and freight to our finished products.
We want to create garments with a timeless design that will never go out of style, in high-quality fabrics that are durable and easily maintained, and as kind as possible to our planet.
Examples of actions that we have taken so far:
- We only use natural, organic, regenerated, or recycled fibers in all our garments.
- We only use natural corozo buttons instead of plastic buttons.
- We only use organic cotton labels instead of polyester labels.
- We attach hang tags to our garments only to provide information about the products, not for branding purposes.
- We do not pack our garments in individual plastic bags.
- We choose to have all of our production in Europe to be able to transport it to our warehouse by truck.
- When possible, we produce made-to-order garments to minimize waste.
- Our security tag and every piece in packaging are made with 100% recycled materials.
You will never find retouched models on our website or social media. Our photos come straight from the camera roll, we don’t believe in editing bodies, pimples, or clothing. This is us. Just the way we are. And we are proud.
We can’t wait for you to wear create memories, laugh, and live in Djerf Avenue.
Matilda and The Djerf Avenue Team